Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In tha' Beginnin'....

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.
Bernard Berenson

I used to cook for a living. I enjoyed playing with food, fire, and water, but grew to hate the hours. So I found something else to do. Something that didn't require twelve hour days and bathing at the end of the shift.

I didn't give up the old life completely. I still cook restaurant food, albeit at home, and I'm always looking for new dishes to try. After rediscovering and perusing my recipe file, I decided that I have plenty of recipes - I just need to actually cook them.

My plan is to prepare a new recipe whenever I cook, until I've gone through them all. I'm pretty sure that I'll give up about halfway through, but it sure sounds like a good idea.

(And let's just ignore the fact that I don't really need another social-media outlet to ignore. I'm well aware of that.)

~Brian "Bbq" Sauls

No comments:

Post a Comment